Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Family

My family feels that values are very important in building a person's character.We do not list the kinds of values we should have in the family but they are just instilled in my brother and I as we grow up.We encourage one another when someone is down or when someone did not accomplish something and get the results they expected, because life is full of ups and downs.
My family does not really value money as something really more important then kinship. I feel that it is something that we need to live in today's society, but it should not overpower a person's mind. Life is something more than just making money and living one's life lavishly.
We like Singapore because it is where our roots are but we all love to travel to other parts of the world too. We feel that it is an enjoyment to life's stresses and we also get to experience new stuff in a brand new way. The most important reward you get from travelling is that we reap fond memories with each other.
We are freethinkers because we do not often make offerings to the gods or go to church to pray. We do not have altars at home or many figurines of gods. I feel that in this way, we are able to go to any religious gathering with a peace of mind.
As for work, my dad does not burden himself with it as he prefers spending quality time with the family. Although he has to go overseas for business trips or conferences, he makes it a point to send postcards or call home. As for my mom, she is a housewife who tends to our needs.
I love my family, my life and eveything that I have now and I hope that our happiness would carry on forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home